Walking is exercising the whole body, most people sit in the office for over 12 hours and only stands up when lunch is served. they barely talk, they skype their colleagues when they need to say anything, the trend is getting worrisome as most people complain about back ache and other ailments, we need to constantly walk around the office,( not saying you should eglect your job and rove) but try out a walk around the office today
Here are the 5 most important reasons why you should walk;
1. Walking is a cardiovascular exercise – it is good for your heart. Which is enough of a reason to walk in and of itself, but walking is good for your head, too. Walking is great for clearing your mind and rejuvenating. Because it is aerobic, it helps condition your heart – you already know this, but it can condition your mind as well since you are releasing endorphins, enjoying nature, and doing something good for yourself. Walk alone one day and just “feel” the experience.
2. Walking is weight bearing – we build bone strength by carrying weight. Since your body is weight (lest I remind you), walking helps build lower body bone density which helps prevent osteoporosis. Walking helps to really build bone strength and bone density. And guess what? You need to pay attention to doing exercises that build bone density and prevent osteoporosis sooner than you think. We all begin losing bone density (it’s a natural occurrence in us all) in our late 20s or early 30s.
3. Walking is cardiovascular. Did I say that before? I believe I did. But there are even more aerobic benefits to walking, like the fact that walking helps burn excess calories so you can lose weight or maintain a healthy body weight.
4. Walking is free. We all like that! We don’t have to pay when we do; we only pay when we don’t.
5. Walking is beneficial to everyone. At any age or any fitness level, walking is a safe, effective and enjoyable exercise! Just do it, you’ll feel better and you’ll look better!
We must be proactive about our well being by simply heeding to one of such simple advice. Bodily exercise may seem to profit little, but that little we should engage ourselves in so we can live long to enjoy the fruits of our labor. The work structure today is designed with a tendency for us to live sedentary lives but a commitment to do 10 minutes walk at least twice a week can go a long way for us. We can take action by simply starting to walk now.